Congrats! You're starting on a new project, yahoo! Now put that energy in to planning and doing.
- Building a road map on how you are going to tackle any new project allows you to prioritize and later on better explain how you got to your final designs with your client.
- Documenting and saving appropriately. Remember, you eventually will be sharing your work with the client, who will eventually be sharing that information with other vendors, media, and customers so name and save your work appropriately.
- Each variation of your work submitted matter. Don't think that just because your first go at a new project was not approved for the final artwork that you wont reference the original version down the road. Do NOT delete or overwrite any submitted project version, you never know when it will be reference later on, and who wants redo their work.
- Enjoy the dialog. Listening and expanding to a current design is all part of the fun, challenge yourself to listen and engage in the dialog. Don't be afraid to ask questions!
- Finish with finesse. Be grateful for the opportunity to have had the chance to work on this new project. You probably learned a little something along the way and the client trusted you with their project.